- Gold Loan
- Gold Coin
- Money Transfer
- Mutual Funds
Money Transfer with Bharat Bill Payment System
Integrated bill payment platforms have brought much more ease to the way utility bill payments traditionally happen. The ease of transferring money or paying bills anytime anywhere as per your convenience eliminates the need for waiting in long queues at the bank or the service facility. Muthoot Finance, being a leader in financial services, offers money transfer/bill payment services to customers. Our superfast service - Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) can be availed at all our branches pan India.
An Overview of BBPS
Bharat Bill Payment System is an integrated bill payment platform by the Government of India. It offers interoperable and accessible bill payment services to customers through a network of registered members referred to as Agent Institutions (AI).
Our customers can leverage this money transfer/bill payment facility to pay their utility bills, including gas bills, electricity bills, water bills, among other paid services they make use of as a part of their living.
Further, the platform enables multiple payment modes and provides instant confirmation of payment to the users. This unified system brings banks, non-banking financial institutions (NBFI), and existing bill aggregators into one place to work as Operating Units and facilitate an interoperable bill payment system. Payments can be made through BBPS using cash, cheques and online modes. Besides, it also has an integrated Unified Payments Interface (UPI) that enables safe and secure online transactions directly from your bank without any hassle.
- RBI approved services
- No bank account required for receiving up to ₹50,000/-
- Direct credit facility for amounts more than ₹50,000/-
- No service charge for collecting money
- Timings: 9.30 AM to 6 PM
- Available at 5,750+ branches pan-India
- Instant transfer to any bank in India
- Transfer to any bank account in India 24*7
- Instant credit to beneficiary account with IMPS-based service
- Nominal service charges
- Easy and fast transfers even on bank holidays
- Safe and Secure
Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS)
BBPS is an integrated Bill payment platform by the Govt. of India and we too have introduced BBPS (Bharat Bill Payment System) to enable our customers to pay their utility bills such as Electricity, Water, Gas and all Mobile related services. BBPS enable every Citizen to pay their different bills under the same window. This unified system brings banks, non-banks and online payment platforms...Read More
Explore the Money Transfer available at Muthoot FinanceDownload
Features of BBPS
As a one-stop ecosystem for all bill payments, BBPS has the following features.
- Interoperable: The platform connects banks, non-banks in bill aggregation business, payment service aggregators, billers and retail bill outlets.
- Accessible: Enables seamless and hassle-free transactions for bills through online or offline channels.
- Cost-effective: Considered as the most cost-effective way for bill payments with flat fee charges.
- Integration: All the operating units (BBPOU) connect with the central unit (BBPCU) to be able to access the list of billers. Besides, the utility companies need to connect with any two of these operating units to enable bill payment for their customers via BBPS.
- Complaint management: Thanks to a standardised system that makes it easier for users to raise their complaints. Further, the stakeholders take the right measures on time to resolve issues.
- Dispute Management: Facilitating the operating units to raise and resolve complaints relating to transactions via the BBPS platform.
- Clearing and settlement: Facilitates multiple clearing and guaranteed settlements between all the parties.
- Brand Connect: A single and trusted branded connect ecosystem with the assurance of BBPS.
1. BBPOU Bharat Bill Payment Operating Unit abbreviated as BBPOU is an authorised entity by the Reserve Bank of India. It can be a bank or a non-banking financial institution having the right to handle payment and aggregation of bill payment services provided by Bharat Bill Pay.
2. BBPCU The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has been authorised by the Reserve Bank of India as the Bharat Bill Payment Central Unit abbreviated as BBPOU. It is responsible for setting business standards and procedures for technical and non-technical requirements for all participants. Further, it takes care of clearing and settlement activities as well.
Category of Bills
The current live categories as a part of the Bharat Bill Payment System includes,
- Gas Pipeline
- Education Fee
- Municipality Tax
- FASTag Recharge
- Housing Society
- LPG Gas Cylinder
- Loan Repayments
- Insurance (Life, General, Health)
- Telecommunication (Mobile, Landline and Broadband)
Users can initiate money transfer or bill payment through multiple payment channels, including
- Bank branch
- Mobile wallets
- Mobile banking
- Internet banking
The Trust of Muthoot Finance
At Muthoot Finance, we believe that customers should get the best. As one of the leading financial service providers in India, we provide our customers with the best money transfer services. Our services are completely safe and secure, enabling customers to make both digital and offline transactions with complete peace of mind.
When looking for convenient and safe money transfers, Muthoot is the name to trust. We are India's No.1, and the most trusted financial service brand, as per the TRA’s Brand Trusted Report, 2016 to 2020. Thanks to the trust and confidence that our customers have shown, making our financial services and products the best in the industry.