- Gold Loan
- Gold Coin
- Money Transfer
- Mutual Funds
Vehicle Loan Interest Rate
To help people realise their dream of owning a car, Muthoot Finance offers a range of vehicle loan options for the purchase of a new or used, personal or commercial vehicle. When you avail a vehicle loan, the vehicle you purchase with the money serves as collateral or security against default. Once you have paid off the loan amount as well as the interest rate applicable on the amount, you can have the hypothecation removed from the vehicle’s Registration Certificate.
Quick loan processing
Attractive interest rates
Pocket-friendly EMIs to suit your needs
The Interest Rate of Vehicle Loans
The vehicle loan interest rate is the amount that is charged by the financial institution as a fee for lending money to an individual. The interest is expressed as a percentage of the principal amount and is typically calculated on an annual basis. The EMI that an individual pays includes a part of the interest payment and the rest of it is the loan amount being repaid. At Muthoot Finance, you can access the most competitive vehicle loan interest rates, based on your requirements and eligibility.
Factors Affecting the Vehicle Loan Interest Rate
The vehicle loan interest rate that is offered to an individual varies from case to case. There are various factors that affect the interest rate of a vehicle loan, including:
- Type of Vehicle: The vehicle loan interest rate is different for a two-wheeler, different for a pre-owned vehicle, for a new vehicle, and for a commercial vehicle. The type of vehicle you plan to buy will decide the amount you need to borrow, which in turn will also impact the vehicle loan interest rate.
- The Applicant’s Credit Profile: Whether it is a business or an individual, the credit profile and credit score of the applicant have a significant impact on the offered interest rate. A high credit score denotes the applicant as being highly creditworthy and a low-risk applicant. People who pay back their debts and credit card bills on time have a good credit history and high credit score, which allows them to avail lower interest rates than most.
- The Make and Model of the Vehicle: The interest rate for a vehicle loan also differs from brand to brand and vehicle to vehicle. For example, if the applicant wishes to buy a luxury vehicle, they will need a higher loan amount, which may attract a lower interest rate.
- Financial Track Record: When applying for a commercial vehicle loan, the financial stability of the applicant matters a lot. Sound financial statements spanning the last few years reflect business stability and confirm the business’s capability of paying back the loan on time. So, a strong balance sheet and ample profit margins can help get low interest rates as well.
- Steady Income: Individuals who can show a steady income and job stability may also be offered lower vehicle loan interest rates.
- Tenure of the Loan: Longer loan tenures attract higher interest rates but result in lower EMIs. On the other hand, shorter terms mean higher EMIs, but lower interest rates. However, one should always choose a tenure and EMI option that is affordable for them.
For Preowned Vehicles
Factors that can impact the vehicle loan interest rate for preowned vehicles include:
- Age of the Car: The interest rate is generally higher for older vehicles as compared to newer ones. So, the older the vehicle, the higher the vehicle loan interest rate may be.
- Condition of the Vehicle: In the case of pre-owned vehicles, the condition of the vehicle also affects the interest rate.
- Kilometres Clocked: How much the car has already been used (kilometres covered) can also affect the interest rate as more running denotes more wear and tear.
How to Avail a Lower Vehicle Loan Interest Rate
Before you apply for a vehicle loan, here are some steps you can take to ensure you are offered a good interest rate:
- Clean Up Your Credit Score: If your credit score is not up to the mark and is keeping you from getting the best interest rates, you can work on improving your score first before you apply for a vehicle loan. Make sure you use your credit card within a limit that you can afford (aim for 30% usage or less) and ensure you make timely payments for the same. Streamline your bill payments and clear up your old accounts. The longer you have had your credit accounts for, the more favourable you appear to lenders. All these steps can help improve your credit score, allowing you to get low vehicle loan interest rates as well.
- Buy a Cheaper Vehicle: Make sure you don’t buy what you can’t afford. Lower priced vehicles come with vehicle loans that have lower interest rates.
- Make a Big Down Payment: The down payment is the money you pay upfront for purchasing a vehicle. The rest of the cost of the vehicle is covered by the vehicle loan. The higher the down payment that you make, the lower will be the loan you need to avail, which means that you would be offered lower interest rates as well.
- Prepay Your Loan: Any time you have surplus capital, put it towards prepaying your car loan, the longer the loan is active, the more interest it accrues. Prepayment generally involves a small penalty to be paid, but the amount is not that much and is easily affordable.
Special Interest Rates at Muthoot Finance
At Muthoot Finance, we offer customers the most competitive vehicle loan interest rates. Government employees, students, farmers, and women are offered special interest rates for the purchase of personal or commercial vehicles.
Existing Customers too can avail special vehicle loan interest rates at Muthoot Finance.
Keep a Track of Your Vehicle Loan
From applying for a vehicle loan and tracking the application to monitoring the repayment status, Muthoot Finance has made everything extremely easy for all customers. The Muthoot Finance website and app offer several capabilities, ranging from an EMI calculator to loan account monitoring. Offering competitive vehicle loan interest rates, personalised services, a wide network of branches, minimal documentation, quick processing, and much more, Muthoot Finance can help you turn your dream of owning your own vehicle into a reality.
services we provide
We have the largest gold loan portfolio in India.Learn More
We provide home loans at attractive rates.Learn More
Find the right personal loan for your needs.Learn More
Get maximum benefit on wealth management solutions.Learn More
Make your gold coin purchase easier with us.Learn More
Send money across the world with our trusted services.Learn More
Substantial returns with liquidity and risk management.Learn More
Let your money grow with our expert solutions.Learn More
Simple and hassle-free procedures for getting your PAN Card.Learn More
Create a sustainable livelihood with our micro finance solutions.Learn More
DIGITAL AND CASHLESS
Cashless solutions for modern times.Learn More
Hassle-free financing to bring home your dream car.Learn More
Get a gold loan at the ease of your homeLearn More
Corporate Loan at Best Interest ratesLearn More
SME Loan for all your Business needsLearn More